Tutorial - Installing the Anti-Phishing Extension
The process of downloading and installing the Netcraf Extension is quick and simple:
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Download the Netcraft Firefox Extension. It will open in a new window so you can refer back to this guide.
- You may see a dialog in the top left of your Firefox window:
- If you see this dialog, click the "Allow" button.
- After downloading, a "Software Installation" dialog will appear. Click "Install Now".
- Restart Firefox and the Netcraft Extension will now be visible.
For Google Chrome
- Go to the install page, and click on the Google Chrome icon
- Once redirected to the Google Chrome store click on "ADD TO CHROME":
- Accept the confirmation dialog:
- Access your data on all websites - required to detect any phishing pages visited. See the privacy statement.
- Access to your tabs and browsing activity - required to determine the currently active tab when the Netcraft Extension icon is clicked (for displaying detailed site information).
- The Extension will be automatically installed and ready to use:
- To access the options page simply right click on the Extension's icon and consequently on "Options".