Tutorial - Reporting a suspicious URL
When you visit a page that you believe to be a phishing site, or contains fraudulent or deceptive content, we ask that you report it so that other Extension users will benefit from your vigilance. The more sites that are reported, the more useful the Extension will become for everyone.
You can report a URL by clicking on "Report a Phishing Site" in the Extension menu (Firefox) or pop up (Chrome and Opera), accessed by clicking on the Netcraft logo:
Report URL link in the Firefox Netcraft Extension (Chrome and Opera versions are similar)After you report a URL, Netcraft analysts will examine the report and block the page if they find it has inappropriate content.
You can practice blocking an attack by:
- Requesting a sample of a fictional phishing attack mail.
- Visiting the URL contained in the mail that you receive.
- Click on the Netcraft logo in the Extension.
- Select "Report a Phishing Site" in the menu/pop up that appears.
- Fill in and confirm the form.
- You can test that the URL has been blocked by re-visiting it after reporting (until it's automatically removed from our systems after one month).